Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Summer time!

Today is the unofficial start of our Summer Break here at the homeschool. The standardized tests have been taken, photocopied (in case the answer sheets get lost in the mail), and are going back to the testing company later on today.

It's been a crazy year so far but things are looking up. I've moved myself back into my office (formerly my mother's room, and before that it was my office) and taken the opportunity to do some painting and decorating. It's lovely, but a bit cluttered so once it's tidied up a bit more and the curtains are hanging up, I'll take some pictures.

I thought today would be a good day to share my summer goals for house and family.

The biggest goal is that June is going to be "Healthy Eating Month" - everyone who lives here has been warned. There were complaints until I mentioned that watermelon is healthy and we'd be eating a lot of it.

I've got sweaters to knit for Chanukah, quilts to make for winter, and hat/scarf/mitten combos to make for various and sundry relatives for the holidays.

I have more landscaping work to do around the house, the container garden to tend to and harvest veggies from, and the lawn to keep mowed.

I have a cross stitch "Live, Love, Laugh" type quotation to make for my sister-in-law and a very nice cross stitch for my mother-in-law.

Of course there has to be a lot of playing around with the kids. It's really important that we get out and just hang out, having fun over the summer so I'm not always the mean mother that makes them do their Math.

So, what are you doing for your summer?

No comments: