Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Holidays seriously throw me for a loop - it takes so much energy to get everything ready, cook for so many people, make sure everything is as good as I can make it (with an eye toward making the
holiday better in some way than last year) that after the big day or days, I take some time off.

I'm back now though and this week it's all about the gym. Public school kids have the week off and so the kids' portion of the gym is open in the morning as well as the afternoon. We've been hitting the gym between 8 and 9 every morning this week. I am amazed at what a good workout I can get in so despicably early. Sadly, then we get home and want to just hang out and not do things like Math and History because we're beat.

The silver lining to all this is that all my pants now fit me - even the ones that were too tight a couple of weeks ago. I'm really happy and proud of myself for putting in such hard work. The scale hasn't budged but someday it will. I can't keep up all this good exercise and hip shrinking and stay at 170 pounds forever.

No photos for today because, seriously, me at the gym is not a good photo-op.


And now, I think it's time to go to sleep. More sleep means more recuperation for my poor, aging muscles and after the weights I did today they really need it!

No comments: